docker mounting volume with permission denied

Viewed 27271

I am trying to setup a docker container that mounts a volume from the host. No matter what I try, it always says permission denied when I remote into the docker container. This is some of the commands I have tried adding to my docker file:

RUN su -c "setenforce 0"

and

chcon -Rt svirt_sandbox_file_t /app

Still I get the following error when I remote into my container:

Error: EACCES: permission denied, scandir '/app' at Error (native)

Error: EACCES: permission denied, open 'npm-debug.log.578996924' at Error (native)

And as you can see, the app directory is assigned to some user with uid 1000:

enter image description here

Here is my docker file:

FROM php:5.6-fpm

# Install modules
RUN apt-get update && apt-get install -y \
    git \
    unzip \
    libmcrypt-dev  \
    libicu-dev \
    mysql-client \
    freetds-dev \
    libxml2-dev

RUN apt-get install -y freetds-dev php5-sybase

# This symlink fixes the pdo_dblib install
RUN ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsybdb.a /usr/lib/

RUN    docker-php-ext-install pdo \
    && docker-php-ext-install pdo_mysql \
    && docker-php-ext-install pdo_dblib \
    && docker-php-ext-install iconv \
    && docker-php-ext-install mcrypt \
    && docker-php-ext-install intl \
    && docker-php-ext-install opcache \
    && docker-php-ext-install mbstring

# Override the default php.ini with a custom one
COPY ./php.ini /usr/local/etc/php/

# replace shell with bash so we can source files
RUN rm /bin/sh && ln -s /bin/bash /bin/sh

# nvm environment variables
ENV NVM_DIR /usr/local/nvm
ENV NODE_VERSION 4.4.7

# install nvm
RUN curl --silent -o- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/creationix/nvm/v0.31.2/install.sh | bash

# install node and npm
RUN source $NVM_DIR/nvm.sh \
    && nvm install $NODE_VERSION \
    && nvm alias default $NODE_VERSION \
    && nvm use default

# add node and npm to path so the commands are available
ENV NODE_PATH $NVM_DIR/v$NODE_VERSION/lib/node_modules
ENV PATH $NVM_DIR/versions/node/v$NODE_VERSION/bin:$PATH

# confirm installation
RUN node -v
RUN npm -v

# Install Composer
RUN curl -sS https://getcomposer.org/installer | php -- --install-dir=/usr/local/bin --filename=composer
RUN composer --version

# Configure freetds
ADD ./freetds.conf /etc/freetds/freetds.conf

WORKDIR /app

# Gulp install
RUN npm install -g gulp
RUN npm install -g bower


CMD ["php-fpm"]

Here is my docker-compose:

nginx_dev:
  container_name: nginx_dev
  build: docker/nginx_dev
  ports:
    - "80:80"
  depends_on:
    - php_dev
  links:
    - php_dev
  volumes:
    - ./:/app


php_dev:
  container_name: php_dev
  build: docker/php-dev
  volumes:
    - ./:/app`

Is there any commands I can run to give the root user permissions to access the app directory? I am using docker-compose as well.

1 Answers
Related