Use unique title tags for both Twitter share and Facebook share... og:title overwriting twitter:title

Viewed 436

I have two social share meta tags I am using og:title for Facebook and twitter:title for Twitter. I need each to be different. Twitter always uses the open graph title and I need to find a way to give each share titles different content. Currently my code is as follows.

<meta content="my unique title for facebook" property="og:title" />
<meta content="a description tag here for facebook" property="og:description" />

<meta name="twitter:card" content="summary" />
<meta name="twitter:title" content="my unique title for twitter content" />

The share feature is using "Add This" https://www.addthis.com/academy/setting-the-url-title-to-share/ the software is a template for multiple sites so it isn't easy to edit the HTML I want to find a solution using only meta tags.

I am using

<meta name="twitter:title" content="my content" />

and share this Twitter share is still using OG tag.

The Add This code looks like

    <!-- AddThis Button BEGIN -->
    <!-- Go to www.addthis.com/dashboard to customize your tools -->
    <script type="text/javascript">

      var addthis_config = {
          services_compact: 'email, facebook, twitter, digg, reddit, linkedin, myspace, plaxo, blogger, livejournal, more',
          services_exclude: 'print'
      };
      var addthis_share = {
           url_transforms : {
                shorten: {
                     twitter: 'bitly'
                }
           }, 
           shorteners : {
                bitly : {} 
           }
      };

    </script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="//s7.addthis.com/js/300/addthis_widget.js#pubid=ra-56e1e3b04418084b"></script>
<!-- AddThis Button END -->

HTML

                            <a href="javascript:;" class="menuLink addthis_button"><i class="fa fa-share"></i> <span>Share</span></a>
1 Answers
Related