tensorflow using 2 GPU at the same time

Viewed 16261

First, I'm still newbie in tensorflow. I'm using v0.9 and trying to use the 2 GPUs installed in the machine we have. So, here is what's happening:

  1. When I launch a training data script on the machine, it works only on one of the 2 GPUs. It takes the first one by default gpu:0/.
  2. When I launch another training data script to run on the second GPU (after doing the changes needed i.e. with tf.device..) while keeping the first process running on the first GPU, tensorflow kills the first process and use only the second GPU to run the second process. So it seems only one process at a time is allowed by tensorflow?

What I need is: to be able to launch two separate training data scripts for 2 differents models on 2 different GPUs installed on the same machine. Am I missing something in this case? Is this the expected behavior? Should I go through distributed tensorflow on a local machine to do so?

2 Answers
Related