PHPMailer : MAIL not accepted from server: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first

Viewed 11120

I am aware that this has been asked (and answered) often, but the solutions are not working for me. I get this error from last days, and I tried everything :

  • I changed the port and the host and the SMTPSecure to (ssl / 465).

  • The port is open (587 and 465).

  • My php installation has SSL support.

  • The php function mail() worked perfectly

  • I have the last version of phpmailer

  • When i put the smtpAuth , i have an other line error (ERROR: AUTH not accepted from server: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first.)

  • I put my php.ini configuration : SMTP = smtp.gmail.com smtp_port = 587

  • I also tried (it seems more logical) : SMTP = smtp.myFAI.com smtp_port = 25

I think it's more a php issue than the code. Thank you for reading my annoying post ! And if you have any ideas...

$mail=new PHPMailer();
$mail->IsSMTP();
$mail->SMTPSecure = 'tls';
$mail->Host = 'smtp.gmail.com';
$mail->Port = 587;
$mail->Password='password';
$mail->SetFrom("my_email", 'Me');
$mail->AddAddress("email_to", "");
$mail->From = "my_email";
$mail->FromName= "Me";
$mail->IsHTML(false);
$mail->Subject="Subject";
$mail->Body = "message";
if(!$mail->Send()){echo "not sent";}
else{echo "Sent";}
1 Answers
Related