When I use cordova run android, the config.xml and package.json files in the root of the project get reformatted. It happens only with Cordova 7.x, the 6.5.0 version leaves the files as they are. Also when I use phonegap run android which basically just calls cordova run android, the files are left unchanged.
The changes:
In config.xml, the tags get reordered, spaces are added to the end of self-closing tag (<sometag /> instead of <sometag/>) and the quotation marks in the <?xml> tag on the first line of the file are changed from double quotes (") to single quotes (').
In package.json, the indentation is changed from 2 spaces to 4 spaces and all the Cordova plugins (previously specified only in config.xml) are added under the dependencies key. Also, a new top-level cordova key is added with the defined Cordova platforms (also from config.xml) and all the Cordova plugins (once again).
Does anyone have any idea why? And mainly how to suppress this behaviour besides sticking to Cordova 6.5.0? I need a configurable project-wise solution so that it doesn't happen to the other developers too.