Downgrade open jdk 8 to 7 in ubuntu 14.04

Viewed 17046

I accidentally upgraded the whole system in ubuntu 14.04.

I am trying to deploy a war file which requires JDK7.

I tried to install JDK7 and use it as default

root:floyd~# update-alternatives --config java
There is only one alternative in link group java (providing /usr/bin/java): /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java
Nothing to configure.

but it is not installing as well. It gives following error while trying to install JDK 7.

root@floyd:~# apt-get install openjdk-7-jdk
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package openjdk-7-jdk is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

N: Ignoring file '50unattended-upgrades.ucf-dist' in directory '/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension
E: Package 'openjdk-7-jdk' has no installation candidate

I guess I have two options.

  1. Install JDK7 and use it as default.
  2. Downgrade JDK8 to JDK7.

I think downgrading can be a good option but I am not able to do any of them.

1 Answers
Related