GetStream and activity feeds

Viewed 953

I have an existing notification feed, but I'm looking at possibly migrating over to GetStream.

Currently, I'm using Laravel Notifications, to notify users and other objects.

I currently have something like the following:

1) Users 2) Groups 3) Group Members

So, when I CRUD a group, I simply notify all members of the group and also the group ($group->notifications returns a collection), which works fine.

Looking through the GetStream docs though, it seems there is a concept of 'followers'.

Does this mean, that all members of a group need to be followers of each other to see all notifications?

What about other objects, like, retrieving a feed for a Group? Do i need another Group Type in the dashboard to save activities to?

So, If I Person A and Person B are members of Group 1, When Person A saves Group 1, I'd like Person A, to see something like:

You saved Group 1

and Person B will see:

Person A saved Group 1

When I view the Group page, I'd like to pull in the activities that have happened to that Group.

Is this possible?

Thanks

1 Answers
Related