I am training a model using Keras.
model = Sequential()
model.add(LSTM(units=300, input_shape=(timestep,103), use_bias=True, dropout=0.2, recurrent_dropout=0.2))
model.add(Dense(units=536))
model.add(Activation("sigmoid"))
model.compile(loss="binary_crossentropy", optimizer="adam", metrics=["accuracy"])
while True:
history = model.fit_generator(
generator = data_generator(x_[train_indices],
y_[train_indices], batch = batch, timestep=timestep),
steps_per_epoch=(int)(train_indices.shape[0] / batch),
epochs=1,
verbose=1,
validation_steps=(int)(validation_indices.shape[0] / batch),
validation_data=data_generator(
x_[validation_indices],y_[validation_indices], batch=batch,timestep=timestep))
It is a multiouput classification accoriding to scikit-learn.org definition: Multioutput regression assigns each sample a set of target values.This can be thought of as predicting several properties for each data-point, such as wind direction and magnitude at a certain location.
Thus, it is a recurrent neural network I tried out different timestep sizes. But the result/problem is mostly the same.
After one epoch, my train loss is around 0.0X and my validation loss is around 0.6X. And this values keep stable for the next 10 epochs.
Dataset is around 680000 rows. Training data is 9/10 and validation data is 1/10.
I ask for intuition behind that..
- Is my model already over fittet after just one epoch?
- Is 0.6xx even a good value for a validation loss?
High level question: Therefore it is a multioutput classification task (not multi class), I see the only way by using sigmoid an binary_crossentropy. Do you suggest an other approach?