Remove trailing zeros after the decimal point in Python

Viewed 4909

I am using Python 2.7. I need to replace "0" string at the end.

Say, a = "2.50":

 a = a.replace('0', '')

I get a = 2.5, and I am fine with this result.

Now a = "200":

 a = a.replace('0', '')

I get a = 2, and this output is as per design I agreed. But I expect the output a = 200.

Actually what I am looking is

when any value after decimal point at the end is "0" replace that "0" with None value.

Below are the examples and I am expecting results.

IN: a = "200"
Out: a = 200
In: a = "150"
Out: a = 150
In: a = 2.50
Out: a = 2.5
In: a = "1500"
Out: a = 1500
In: a = "1500.80"
Out: a = 1500.8
In: a = "1000.50"
Out: a = 1000.5

Not a value is string.

Note: sometimes a = 100LL or a = 100.50mt.

3 Answers
Related