Terraform: Provisioning with chef

Viewed 612

I'm using this configuration in order to provision my guest using a chef client and vagrant:

  config.vm.provision "chef_client" do |chef|
    chef.add_recipe 'living-development'
    chef.chef_server_url = 'https://api.chef.io/organizations/my-organization'
    chef.validation_key_path = 'cert.pem'
    chef.validation_client_name = 'validation'
    chef.version = '12.19.36'
  end

This configuration is working fine using chef and vagrant. Nevertheless I need to provision my machine using terraform. I don't quite figure out how to set above "vagrant+chef" configuration using "terraform+chef".

Up to now, I've been to to get this:

# Create a new Web Droplet in the nyc2 region
resource "digitalocean_droplet" "web" {
  image  = "ubuntu-14-04-x64"
  name   = "web-1"
  region = "fra1"
  size   = "512mb"
  ssh_keys = ["${digitalocean_ssh_key.default.id}"]
  volume_ids = ["${digitalocean_volume.foobar.id}"]
  provisioner "chef" {
    server_url = "https://api.chef.io/organizations/my-organization"
    user_name = "living"
    user_key = "./living.pem"
    node_name = "living"
    run_list = [ "cookbook::living-development" ]
    version = "12.19.36"
  }
}

The execution is printing me out this:

digitalocean_droplet.web (chef): Connecting to remote host via SSH...
digitalocean_droplet.web (chef):   Host: 139.59.148.167
digitalocean_droplet.web (chef):   User: root
digitalocean_droplet.web (chef):   Password: false
digitalocean_droplet.web (chef):   Private key: false
digitalocean_droplet.web (chef):   SSH Agent: false
digitalocean_droplet.web: Still creating... (1m0s elapsed)
digitalocean_droplet.web (chef): Connecting to remote host via SSH...
digitalocean_droplet.web (chef):   Host: 139.59.148.167
digitalocean_droplet.web (chef):   User: root
digitalocean_droplet.web (chef):   Password: false
digitalocean_droplet.web (chef):   Private key: false
digitalocean_droplet.web (chef):   SSH Agent: false
digitalocean_droplet.web (chef): Connecting to remote host via SSH...
digitalocean_droplet.web (chef):   Host: 139.59.148.167
digitalocean_droplet.web (chef):   User: root
digitalocean_droplet.web (chef):   Password: false
digitalocean_droplet.web (chef):   Private key: false
digitalocean_droplet.web (chef):   SSH Agent: false
digitalocean_droplet.web (chef): Connecting to remote host via SSH...
digitalocean_droplet.web (chef):   Host: 139.59.148.167
digitalocean_droplet.web (chef):   User: root
digitalocean_droplet.web (chef):   Password: false
digitalocean_droplet.web (chef):   Private key: false
digitalocean_droplet.web (chef):   SSH Agent: false
digitalocean_droplet.web: Still creating... (1m10s elapsed)
digitalocean_droplet.web (chef): Connecting to remote host via SSH...
...

I don't know what does it mean...

What's chef trying to get?

Am I doing wrong?

1 Answers
Related