How to interpret the metrics of Locust?

Viewed 8080

I found no detail about the Number of users to simulate and Hatch rate in the locust documentation.

What is the relation between the two parameters?

If I have 20 clients, of each will post 1000 requests/second to the server, how should I set the two parameters to test the server?

1 Answers

"Hatch rate" is how quickly you want to spawn the users.

Example:

"Number of users to simulate" = 20

"Hatch rate" (user spawned / second) = 2

When you start the load test with this configuration, locust will spawn 2 new users for every second until it fulfils the total number of users to simulate (which is 20 in this case). After 10 seconds, you will have a swarm of 20 simulated users.

To control the no. of request per second, you will need to set the max_wait accordingly.

Related