How do I check if a string contains a date of this form:
Sunday, January 15, 2012 at 7:36pm EST
The data I'm working with contains a ton of strings. But the type of string I'm looking for contains a 2 or 3 word name and a date. I'm checking for dates to identify these types of strings.
I've figured out the simpleDateFormat for this type of date.
String string1 = "Rahul Chowdhury Sunday, January 15, 2012 at 7:37pm EST";
String string2 = "Aritra Sinha Nirmal Friday, April 1, 2016 at 10:16pm EDT";
SimpleDateFormat format = new SimpleDateFormat("EEEEE, MMM dd, yyyy 'at' hh:mmaa z");
But I have no idea how to proceed further.
I'm guessing regex might work but I don't know how to implement that when the length of the names of months/days vary. i.e. 'May' is much shorter than 'December'.
I'm wondering if there is a solution using regex or a simpler solution to this.
I know there are other threads asking similar questions, but they don't answer my question.