MidiManager.getDevices() returns an empty list on Android emulators

Viewed 255

I want to use MIDI via android.media.midi.MidiManager, however, when I call MidiManager.getDevices(), it only returns an empty list, which means no MIDI device.

I referred to this page.

I use Android emulators included in Android Studio. I'm wondering if MidiManager.getDevices() returns an empty list just because of an emulator. Unfortunately, my device is much older than android.media.midi.MidiManager requires.

I expected an Android device had a built-in software MIDI device, and that an emulator did as well. Is that wrong? I tried several emulator devices but in vain. And I couldn't find such settings for emulators.

By the way, thank you, guys, for notifying me that I can format my question. This is my first post and I didn't notice it.


Later, I found someone who could help me. And his real device returned 0 MIDI device as well. It seems that there is no build-in device or that a built-in device isn't counted.

0 Answers
Related