Restoring git merge conflict flags

Viewed 1082

I am trying to work out a method of sharing merge conflicts with other members of my team. We have some very large branches and merging them creates a lot of conflicts. I have tried several different methods, and my current attempt involves pushing the files in a conflicted state to the remote repo (leaving the merge markers in the files), and then running an annoyingly long alias to grep through the files and re-create the merge files manually (LOCAL, BASE, REMOTE).

I recently found the

git checkout --conflict=merge -- (file)

command, which works great on a local branch, but as soon as it gets pushed to a remote, this command no longer works to restore the merge flags.

Is there a way to force git to re-flag a file as conflicted so people can use the normal merge tools to resolve them?

1 Answers
Related