I am trying to debug an app, using Visual Studio 2017, that I will run on a virtual machine I've set up on my development system. The virtual machine runs Windows 10 (as does my development system).
I've installed the latest VS 2017 Remote Tools package on the virtual machine, and configured it. It is happily running on the virtual machine...but I can't connect to it from the desktop system.
When I do an attach to process, and a Find to find the system, the virtual machine is found.
However, after selecting the virtual machine, I am prompted for credentials. I've tried using the same login credentials I use to log onto the virtual machine, but that doesn't work. And there's no information shown as to what might be the problem.
The virtual machine is running under Hyper-V.
How do I go about setting up a remote debugging connection to virtual machine running on the same system where I am running VS 2017?