loop inside a foreach loop using doparallel

Viewed 1767

I have a function that contains a loop

myfun = function(z1.d, r, rs){
  x = z1.d[,r]
  or.d = order(as.vector(x), decreasing=TRUE)[rs]
  zz1.d = as.vector(x)
  r.l = zz1.d[or.d]

  y=vector()
  for (i in 1:9)
  {
    if(i<9) y[i]=mean( x[(x[,r] >= r.l[i] & x[,r] < r.l[i+1]),r] ) else{
      y[i] =  mean( z1.d[(x >= r.l[9]),r] )}
  }
  return(y)
}

rs is a numeric vector, z1.d is a zoo and y is also a numeric vector.

When I try to run the function inside a parallel loop:

cls = makePSOCKcluster(8)
registerDoParallel(cls)

rlarger.d.1  = foreach(r=1:dim(z1.d)[2], .combine = "cbind") %dopar% {    
  myfun(z1.d, r, rs)}

stopCluster(cls)

I get the following error:

Error in { : task 1 failed - "incorrect number of dimensions"

I don't know why, but I realized if I take the loop out of my function it does not give an error.

Also, if I run the exact same code with %do% instead of %dopar% (so not runing in parallel) it works fine (slow but without errors).

EDIT: as requested here is a sample of the parameters:

dim(z1.d)
[1] 8766  107
> z1.d[1:4,1:6]
                    AU_10092 AU_10622 AU_12038 AU_12046 AU_13017 AU_14015
1966-01-01 23:00:00       NA       NA       NA    1.816        0    4.573
1966-01-02 23:00:00       NA       NA       NA    9.614        0    4.064
1966-01-03 23:00:00        0       NA       NA    0.000        0    0.000
1966-01-04 23:00:00        0       NA       NA    0.000        0    0.000

> rs
[1] 300 250 200 150 100  75  50  30  10

r is defined in the foreach loop

2 Answers
Related