How to give border bottom to heading with font awesome icon

Viewed 1188

In my first div container, I added a heading 1 tag, gave a border bottom a color of my desire, and added font awesome icon in the middle.

As you can see I had to give a background color on the font awesome to make it appear transparent. but now I have a background image on the second box so I am struggling to achieve the same thing.

How can I do the same on my other div box without affecting the background image visibility as well as the border bottom from the heading 1?

div.container{
  background-image: url(http://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2016/04/09/6359580807140768861266757027_Never-Study-Hard-The-Art-of-Studying-Smart.jpg);
  
  background-size: cover;
  background-position: 50%;
}
div{
  height: 100px;
}
h1.widget_title_1{
    font-size: 25pt;
    display: inline-block;
    margin: 0;
    margin-top: 35px;
    padding-bottom: 9px;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #898989;
    position: relative;
}
h1.widget_title_1:after {
    position: absolute;
    font-family: fontawesome;
    display: block;
    margin-left: 58px;
    margin-top: -7px;
    padding: 0 5px;
    font-size: 24pt;
    color: black;
    content: '\f107';
    font-weight: 300;
    background-color: white;
}
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.7.0/css/font-awesome.min.css" />
<div class="container-1">
  <h1 class="widget_title_1">
    heading 1
  </h1>
</div>
<div class="container">
  <h1 class="widget_title">
    heading 1
  </h1>
</div>

2 Answers
Related