SSRS Matrix with multiple groups

Viewed 4750

I have a dataset which generates results in this.

 Parent |   NodeName    |   Value   |   ID  |
---------------------------------------------
AAA     |   Name        |   blah1   |   1   |   
AAA     |   val         |   1       |   1   |
BBB     |   tag         |   tag2    |   2   |
BBB     |   Name        |   blah2   |   2   |
BBB     |   val         |   2       |   2   |
AAA     |   tag         |   tag1    |   1   |
CCC     |   Name        |   blah3   |   3   |
CCC     |   tag         |   tag3    |   3   |
CCC     |   val         |   3       |   3   |       
AAA     |   Name        |   blah4   |   4   |
AAA     |   tag         |   tag4    |   4   |   
AAA     |   val         |   4       |   4   |

I would like to group this

AAA
-----------------------------------------
    |   Name    |   Val     |   Tag     |
-----------------------------------------
    |   blah1   |   1       |   tag1    |
    |   blah4   |   4       |   tag4    |

BBB
-----------------------------------------
    |   Name    |   Val     |   Tag     |
-----------------------------------------
    |   blah2   |   2       |   tag2    |


CCC
-----------------------------------------
    |   Name    |   Val     |   Tag     |
-----------------------------------------
    |   blah3   |   3       |   tag3    |

I have tried some tricks from this link but still no luck. Thanks. http://agilebi.com/jjames/2010/09/10/how-to-pivot-data-in-ssrs/

I tried what @jimmy8ball suggested in comments. The design surface looked like Design surface

The final result looks like final result. But with gaps

As I only have three groups AAA, BBB and CCC at the moment. I have created three different datasets with filters to only include one group e.g., AAA. The result looks like this.

Filtered Data for each parent

I am not sure if it is the best way of doing. Any suggestions welcome.

Yet another update based on @Jimmy8ball. I am unable to get it working still as per @Jimmy8ball response.

My dataset result looks like this enter image description here

My design surface looks like this. enter image description here

My result as per @jimmy8ball response looks like this, the second set of values for AAA are missing. Any suggestions? enter image description here

2 Answers
Related