I'm struggling with making Visual Studio (C++) stop automatically inserting closing parentheses and brackets. With curly braces I could disable it. (with turning the setting "Automatic brace completion" off)
I deactivated IntelliSense to make sure that it and its settings are not the culprit and deactivated all settings that I thought could be related to this problem, but without success.
Example: when I write code it automatically results in this:
functionName(parameter));
since the closing parenthesis also doesn't get replaced by my typed parenthesis I end up with syntactically incorrect code that I have to manually fix by deleting one of the parentheses - which is very annoying.
Is there a possibilty to deactivate this "Feature" or activate the replacement of the closing parenthesis, which is common in other IDEs like IntelliJ and Eclipse?
Are there hidden settings that give more control over this kind of things?
Used Version: Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2015 Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3