I have a live broadcasting app based off grafika's examples, where I send my video feed over RTMP to be live broadcast.
I now want to watermark my video by overlaying text or a logo on my video stream. I know this can be done with GLSL filtering, but I have no idea how to implement this based on the sample that I linked.
I tried using Alpha blending but it seems the two texture formats are somehow incompatible (one being TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES and the other one TEXTURE_2D) and I just get a black frame in return.
EDIT:
I based my code on Kickflip API:
class CameraSurfaceRenderer implements GLSurfaceView.Renderer {
private static final String TAG = "CameraSurfaceRenderer";
private static final boolean VERBOSE = false;
private CameraEncoder mCameraEncoder;
private FullFrameRect mFullScreenCamera;
private FullFrameRect mFullScreenOverlay; // For texture overlay
private final float[] mSTMatrix = new float[16];
private int mOverlayTextureId;
private int mCameraTextureId;
private boolean mRecordingEnabled;
private int mFrameCount;
// Keep track of selected filters + relevant state
private boolean mIncomingSizeUpdated;
private int mIncomingWidth;
private int mIncomingHeight;
private int mCurrentFilter;
private int mNewFilter;
boolean showBox = false;
/**
* Constructs CameraSurfaceRenderer.
* <p>
* @param recorder video encoder object
*/
public CameraSurfaceRenderer(CameraEncoder recorder) {
mCameraEncoder = recorder;
mCameraTextureId = -1;
mFrameCount = -1;
SessionConfig config = recorder.getConfig();
mIncomingWidth = config.getVideoWidth();
mIncomingHeight = config.getVideoHeight();
mIncomingSizeUpdated = true; // Force texture size update on next onDrawFrame
mCurrentFilter = -1;
mNewFilter = Filters.FILTER_NONE;
mRecordingEnabled = false;
}
/**
* Notifies the renderer that we want to stop or start recording.
*/
public void changeRecordingState(boolean isRecording) {
Log.d(TAG, "changeRecordingState: was " + mRecordingEnabled + " now " + isRecording);
mRecordingEnabled = isRecording;
}
@Override
public void onSurfaceCreated(GL10 unused, EGLConfig config) {
Log.d(TAG, "onSurfaceCreated");
// Set up the texture blitter that will be used for on-screen display. This
// is *not* applied to the recording, because that uses a separate shader.
mFullScreenCamera = new FullFrameRect(
new Texture2dProgram(Texture2dProgram.ProgramType.TEXTURE_EXT));
// For texture overlay:
GLES20.glEnable(GLES20.GL_BLEND);
GLES20.glBlendFunc(GLES20.GL_SRC_ALPHA, GLES20.GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA);
mFullScreenOverlay = new FullFrameRect(
new Texture2dProgram(Texture2dProgram.ProgramType.TEXTURE_2D));
mOverlayTextureId = GlUtil.createTextureWithTextContent("hello!");
mOverlayTextureId = GlUtil.createTextureFromImage(mCameraView.getContext(), R.drawable.red_dot);
mCameraTextureId = mFullScreenCamera.createTextureObject();
mCameraEncoder.onSurfaceCreated(mCameraTextureId);
mFrameCount = 0;
}
@Override
public void onSurfaceChanged(GL10 unused, int width, int height) {
Log.d(TAG, "onSurfaceChanged " + width + "x" + height);
}
@Override
public void onDrawFrame(GL10 unused) {
if (VERBOSE){
if(mFrameCount % 30 == 0){
Log.d(TAG, "onDrawFrame tex=" + mCameraTextureId);
mCameraEncoder.logSavedEglState();
}
}
if (mCurrentFilter != mNewFilter) {
Filters.updateFilter(mFullScreenCamera, mNewFilter);
mCurrentFilter = mNewFilter;
mIncomingSizeUpdated = true;
}
if (mIncomingSizeUpdated) {
mFullScreenCamera.getProgram().setTexSize(mIncomingWidth, mIncomingHeight);
mFullScreenOverlay.getProgram().setTexSize(mIncomingWidth, mIncomingHeight);
mIncomingSizeUpdated = false;
Log.i(TAG, "setTexSize on display Texture");
}
// Draw the video frame.
if(mCameraEncoder.isSurfaceTextureReadyForDisplay()){
mCameraEncoder.getSurfaceTextureForDisplay().updateTexImage();
mCameraEncoder.getSurfaceTextureForDisplay().getTransformMatrix(mSTMatrix);
//Drawing texture overlay:
mFullScreenOverlay.drawFrame(mOverlayTextureId, mSTMatrix);
mFullScreenCamera.drawFrame(mCameraTextureId, mSTMatrix);
}
mFrameCount++;
}
public void signalVertialVideo(FullFrameRect.SCREEN_ROTATION isVertical) {
if (mFullScreenCamera != null) mFullScreenCamera.adjustForVerticalVideo(isVertical, false);
}
/**
* Changes the filter that we're applying to the camera preview.
*/
public void changeFilterMode(int filter) {
mNewFilter = filter;
}
public void handleTouchEvent(MotionEvent ev){
mFullScreenCamera.handleTouchEvent(ev);
}
}
This is the code for Rendering the image on the screen (GLSurfaceView), but this is not actually overlayed over the video. If I am not mistaken, this is done on CameraEncoder.
Thing is, replicating the code from CameraSurfaceRenderer into CameraEncoder (they both have similar code when it comes to filters) does not provide an overlayed text/image.