How do you make sure that Vimeo video exist?

Viewed 2375

So, I'm trying to show a Vimeo video only if it exist. I'm using new JavaScript API.

As per their documentation, error event should get triggered when a video face errors while loading. I believe, adding a wrong Vimeo video URL should also trigger the error event.

This is what I did to get the error event in action:

<iframe id="vimeo-player1" src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/13333693532?autoplay=0&amp;background=1" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Approach 1

player = new Vimeo.Player($('#vimeo-player1'));

player.on('error', function() {
    console.log('Error in loading video');
});

Approach 2

player = new Vimeo.Player($('#vimeo-player1'));

player.loadVideo().then(function(id) {
    console.log('loaded');
}).catch(function(error) {
    console.error(error);
});

None of them working. It never executed the error block.

Some Additional Information (To help you to win Bounty):

  • Client side solution is required (I don't have access to the server side of the portal)
  • Videos are hosted by third party users
4 Answers
Related