Force Excel to open .csv without formatting

Viewed 31212

Is there a way to force Excel to open a .csv without formatting? I don't want it to remove the commas and create several columns. I understand I could just open it in notepad but I'd prefer to use excel.

2 Answers

excel option

open the excel option you can find on the start menu of excel.

excel option -> advanced -> Use system separator (disable this then excel will not convert anything from text).

IMO, such misleading option though, eg if I have "5.123.444,24" and we want get number format from it, by enabling "use system separator" with the option to convert "." as thousand separator and "," as decimal separator, seems that we are doing right.In fact, if it is enabled, we'll have 5.123.444,24 and with the option disabled , we'll have 512344,24 which means the text "5.123.444,24" has been converted to number.

Related