Reading all of stdin at program start prevents reading from stdin during the program

Viewed 98

I have a golang program that makes a simple repl for jq. I'd like to be able to read input from stdin at program start into a temporary file, so I can use the repl with piped input.

cat file.json | jqrepl

However, when I read from stdin, either using a scanner or a reader, I reach the EOF for stdin, and then I can no longer accept input from stdin for the main repl loop. Readline fails immediately because it's at EOF.

I've tried deferring a Reader.UnreadByte, Closing the scanner, and a multitude of "seek(0)", and other raw operations on stdin.

Is there a way to reset the stdin so that it can be read from again? Ideally I would read until EOF, save that to a temporary file, and then enter the repl mode.

Thanks!

1 Answers
Related