Maven - Transitive dependencies are not resolved for artifact deployed on Artifactory

Viewed 10533

I have two projects - A and B, where A is dependent on B. I package B as jar and deploy it on a maven server (artifactory), and then include that jar as a normal dependency on project A in pom file. jar file of B shows up in the Maven Dependencies of project A, but dependencies of project B are not shown in dependency hierarchy. It is causing class not found exception for dependencies of B.

However, my project A and B and in same eclipse workspace. When I open project B, project A starts referencing the project B from the workspace instead of remote repository and everything works well.

This question - Maven. Transitive dependencies was closest to my problem, but dependencies of my project B are NOT optional.

Whats going wrong here?

POM for project B

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd">
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>com.myapp</groupId> 
  <artifactId>utils</artifactId>
  <version>1.0.0-RELEASE</version>
  <packaging>jar</packaging>

  <name>utils</name>
  <url>http://maven.apache.org</url>

  <properties>
    <project.build.sourceEncoding>UTF-8</project.build.sourceEncoding>
  </properties>

<!-- Following doesn't get added to project A -->
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>commons-io</groupId>
        <artifactId>commons-io</artifactId>
        <version>2.4</version>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>
</project>

POM for project A

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd">
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>com.myapp</groupId>
  <artifactId>core-app</artifactId>
  <version>1.0.0-RELEASE</version>
  <packaging>jar</packaging>

  <name>core-app</name>
  <url>http://maven.apache.org</url>

  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>com.myapp</groupId>
      <artifactId>utils</artifactId>
      <version>1.0.0-RELEASE</version>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>
</project>

I am using maven quickstart archetype. Project structure of my projects is (which I package as jar):

project-name
  src/main/java
  src/test/java
  pom.xml
1 Answers
Related