Serial monitor constantly say 0 when using arduino and sound sensor

Viewed 209

I am having trouble with the arduino sound sensor and LEDs. I keep on getting the value of 0 in my serial monitor, the same thing happens with another sound sensor that I have. I am currently trying to make it light up the LEDs based on the sound but with the serial monitor reading 0 it will not activate the code. There should be a picture attached. The lights on the sound sensor is lighting up so I know the GND and 5V is working. Since it is hard to tell I am using 330 ohm resisters. I got the sound sensor from an elegoo starter kit, so I know it might be cheap. The picture is in the link at the end. Thank you.

     int MicPin = A0;
     int MicValue1 = 0;
     int MicValue2 = 0;

     int led1 = 2;
     int led2 = 4;
     int led3 = 6;
     int led4 = 8;

     void setup() {
     pinMode(led1, OUTPUT);
     pinMode(led2, OUTPUT);
     pinMode(led3, OUTPUT);
     pinMode(led4, OUTPUT);
     pinMode(MicPin, OUTPUT);
     Serial.begin(9600);
      }

     void loop() {
     MicValue1 = analogRead(MicPin);
     Serial.println(MicValue1);
     delay(1);
     MicValue2 = analogRead(MicPin);
     Serial.println(MicValue2);

     if (MicValue1 - MicValue2 > 1) {
     digitalWrite(led1, HIGH);
     delay(2000);
     }
     else {
     digitalWrite(led1, LOW);
     }
    } 

enter image description here

1 Answers
Related