I have a basic routing SPA working using react-router-dom v4 and I would like to get the current route (path name) for use in my header (outer context of the app - not sure if that's accurate nomenclature). I want to have a button in my app bar which will do something depending on the route currently in use.
index.js
ReactDOM.render((
<MuiThemeProvider>
<div>
<Router history={history}>
<div>
<Header />
<MainView />
</div>
</Router>
</div>
</MuiThemeProvider>
), document.getElementById('app'));
header.js
class Header extends React.Component {
constructor(props){
super(props);
this.state = {
open: false
};
}
toggleDrawer(){
this.setState({open: !this.state.open}, ()=> {console.log(this.state)});
}
render() {
return (
<div>
<AppBar
iconClassNameRight="muidocs-icon-navigation-expand-more"
onLeftIconButtonTouchTap={()=>{this.toggleDrawer()}}
iconElementRight={<FlatButton label="Create New"/>}
/>
...
In the header.js I want access to the route's pathname to call a certain function from the <FlatButton /> on the right of the appbar. I've tried {this.props.location.pathname} as per the v4 docs but only got errors. TBH I was probably using it wrong though.