phpMyAdmin and Laragon

Viewed 13542

How do Laragon and phpMyAdmin work with one another? I've downloaded phpMyAdmin and extracted it to laragon\etc\apps, but whenever I click on the Database button of Laragon, I get sent to something called Adminer instead of phpMySQL. I have tried deleting Adminer, but that doesn't work. Please help. Thanks!

5 Answers

Follow the simple steps

  • Download the phpMyAdmin
  • Extract it to laragon_install_path/etc/apps/phpMyAdmin
  • Restart laragon and browser http://localhost/phpmyadmin

Resource: https://laravelarticle.com/laragon

In fact, there is two possibilities to add phpMyAdmin to Laragon.

First :

Like previous dev said before, it is possible to take the last zip on phpmyadmin website, unzip it and put the extracted folder in laragon/etc/apps. Take care to rename your unzip folder with this exact name : "phpMyAdmin"

Second :

You can simply use Laragon QuickAdd functionnality. But by default it installs the 4.X version of phpMyAdmin. Hopefully, you can configure wich version of phpMyAdmin QuickAdd will use. To do that go to Menu > Tools > QuickAdd > Configuration... and under the line :

# phpMyAdmin
*phpmyadmin=https://files.phpmyadmin.net/phpMyAdmin/4.8.5/phpMyAdmin-4.8.5-english.zip

You can add the last link available for phpMyAdmin (you can find it here) :

# phpMyAdmin
*phpmyadmin=https://files.phpmyadmin.net/phpMyAdmin/4.8.5/phpMyAdmin-4.8.5-english.zip
phpmyadmin5=https://files.phpmyadmin.net/phpMyAdmin/5.0.4/phpMyAdmin-5.0.4-all-languages.zip  

And now when you'll go in QuickAdd, you will see that. So you can now install it. When it's done, Laragon open up automatically your default browser with phpmyadmin at this url http://localhost/phpmyadmin

For the french community, I add a video on this subject.

First of Download and Install Laragon. After installtion of Laragon You can see following screen.

enter image description here

Right Click on the Database Button You see following screen.

Database > Tools > Quick Add > Phpmyadmin.

enter image description here

After this it download and install phpmyadmin in Laragon automatically.

Related