Octopus Deploy - Execute Script File

Viewed 4230

I have defined a process that consists of 2 steps:

  1. Deploy an IIS WebSite
  2. Execute a script file

The first step in the process executes without any issues. I am able to upload a nuget package to Octopus Server's built-in package repository and deploy this to my IIS Web Site.

For the second step in the process, where I am asked to specify a script file to run, I am unable to upload a sql file either using the built-in package repository or using a external package repository since Octopus will not allow me to upload a .sql file type.

What is the best way of specifying the SQL Script File to be run?

Should I package it along with my nuget package and then specify the script source to 'Script file inside a package' or is it possible to upload a SQL file to a repository (external or built-in) and specify that file as the SQL script file to execute?

Is there a best practice for this?

Thanks,

Sean

1 Answers
Related