rattle installation error: Invalid root element:

Viewed 5381

I am new to data mining and R. Please provide how to proceed with following query.

I want to use the R-package Rattle for my data analysis on my MS Win 10- X64 system. I am following these instructions. I install the package using

    install.packages("rattle")

After selecting a CRAN mirror, it RGUI installs the package and gives following message:

   package ‘rattle’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
   The downloaded binary packages are in
   C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpYnMZM1\downloaded_packages

after that I run the code,

   library(rattle)

and RGui gives following response;

   Rattle: A free graphical interface for data mining with R.
   Version 4.1.0 Copyright (c) 2006-2015 Togaware Pty Ltd.
   Type 'rattle()' to shake, rattle, and roll your data.

After this, I call the function 'rattle'.

   rattle()

and I get the following error:

   Error in method(obj, ...) : Invalid root element: 'requires'

I tried the same in the RStudio console as well. Also, I uninstalled RStudio and R X64, X386 and re-installed the same and tried again, but I fail to browse the reason for this error.

2 Answers
Related