Youtube Get uploaded video list. FileNotFound Error

Viewed 2251

I am trying to get list of videos uploaded on my YouTube channel using following

https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/search?part=snippet&channelId{MY_CHANNEL_ID}&maxResults=50&key={MY_APP_ID}

I have created App in Google App Console and generate APP ID for the same. But when I trying to access it through my Android application getting java.io.FileNotFoundException error

I have given application identifier and SHA1 also, If I try to access through Web Browser key without any other constrains it works well and returns all the video list but in case of Android it is not working.

@Override
    protected String doInBackground(Void... voids) {

        HttpURLConnection urlConnection = null;

        String urlString = "https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/search?part=snippet&channelId=UCrF362wkcVnjqqPRsSEzvgg&maxResults=50&key=AIzaSyAiAFjZb1eVdRxVWnymrhuAb1iDlmYupu8";
        //urlString = "https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/playlistItems?part=snippet&playlistId=PLTqSMwQKOhUhl7gm7h6YwX6XPYr0ViBtu&key=AIzaSyAiAFjZb1eVdRxVWnymrhuAb1iDlmYupu8";

        String jsonString = new String();

        URL url = null;
        try {
            url = new URL(urlString);

        urlConnection = (HttpURLConnection) url.openConnection();

        urlConnection.setRequestMethod("GET");
        urlConnection.setReadTimeout(10000 /* milliseconds */);
        urlConnection.setConnectTimeout(15000 /* milliseconds */);

        urlConnection.setDoOutput(true);

        urlConnection.connect();

        BufferedReader br=new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(url.openStream()));

        char[] buffer = new char[1024];

        StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder();
        String line;
        while ((line = br.readLine()) != null) {
            sb.append(line+"\n");
        }
        br.close();

        jsonString = sb.toString();

        System.out.println("JSON: " + jsonString);

        } catch (MalformedURLException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        } catch (ProtocolException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        } catch (IOException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }

        return jsonString;
    }

Error Log

BasicNetwork.performRequest: Unexpected response code 403 for https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/search?part=snippet&channelId=UCrF362wkcVnjqqPRsSEzvgg&maxResults=50&key=AIzaSyAiAFjZb1eVdRxVWnymrhuAb1iDlmYupu8
05-13 15:28:26.607 19118-19151/com.jeevanmulmantra W/System.err: java.io.FileNotFoundException: https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/search?part=snippet&channelId=UCrF362wkcVnjqqPRsSEzvgg&maxResults=50&key=AIzaSyAiAFjZb1eVdRxVWnymrhuAb1iDlmYupu8

enter image description here

3 Answers

I had the same problem, just regenerate another key and restrict it again with the package name and SHA1 from your Android Studio. It wasn't working with the old key regenerating the key and restricting it again worked for me.

Related