I am building a set of build template in TeamCity for .Net Core projects. Everything is working great, except for console projects. The problem is that when I go to publish the solution, I need to specify the framework version. At no other point in the build do I need to know the framework. At least this is true when publishing .sln files, with a console project that only has a single framework targeted.
So now I am in a situation where I need to figure out what framework the console project should target. I could read various XML files, but I'm hoping I don't need to. Is there some builtin way that I can query for the frameworks in use for a given solution?
For example, something like (PowerShell)
$frameworks = & dotnet.exe --<what I want> .\MySolution.sln
for ($framework in $frameworks) {
& dotnet.exe publish -f $framework .\MySolution.sln
}
That way I don't need to modify the build system every time a new framework is in use. I've poked around in the CLI repo, but I can't find a command that does what I need. Is opening .csproj files my only hope?