Whitenoise + Django + Cloudfoundry - http 500 when compression is enabled

Viewed 316

I've successfully deployed Django with Whitenoise on Cloudfoundry except for the compression. If I set on my settings.py to enable compression:

STATICFILES_STORAGE = 'whitenoise.storage.CompressedManifestStaticFilesStorage'

I get a 500 error and nothing on my cf logs. Please not that I don't have SSH access nor/heroku as this is running on Predix.

My settings.py:

STATIC_URL = "/media/"
STATIC_ROOT = os.path.join(BASE_DIR, "media")
STATICFILES_DIRS = [
        os.path.join(BASE_DIR, 'itcave/media'),
]

MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES = [
    'django.middleware.security.SecurityMiddleware',
    'whitenoise.middleware.WhiteNoiseMiddleware',
    'django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware',
    'django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware',
    'django.middleware.csrf.CsrfViewMiddleware',
    'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware',
    'django.contrib.auth.middleware.SessionAuthenticationMiddleware',
    'django.contrib.messages.middleware.MessageMiddleware',
    'django.middleware.clickjacking.XFrameOptionsMiddleware',
]

wsgi.py:

from whitenoise.django import DjangoWhiteNoise
from django.core.wsgi import get_wsgi_application
import os
os.environ.setdefault("DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE", "itcave.settings")

application = get_wsgi_application()
application = DjangoWhiteNoise(application)

Please also note that all my static files are stored within a media folder at the same level as my settings.py file.

Adding web: python itcave/manage.py collectstatic --noinput on a line before my run command in Procfile didn't work. ALLOWED_HOSTS is correct because when DEBUG = True everything runs fine.

0 Answers
Related