I have a powerapp that is connected to a SQL database, I know powerapps has a limitation of showing 500 sharepoint list items, and i want to know if this 500 record retrieval limitation also applies when pulling data from an SQL database.
I have a powerapp that is connected to a SQL database, I know powerapps has a limitation of showing 500 sharepoint list items, and i want to know if this 500 record retrieval limitation also applies when pulling data from an SQL database.
500 records is the default number of records allowed to be returned to PowerApps. You can up this to 2000 records with File/App Settings/Advanced Settings.
Some options to consider:
Use multiple Collections to pull 2k records at a time, then combine all collections into one collection.
If the records will be largely static, load them all into an Excel file and "package" them with the app.
Get good at AND / OR statements to guaruntee that results will always be < 2k records
ClearCollect(colMyCollection,
Filter(dbo.giantSqlDb,
createdDate > varOneYearAgo &&
customerName = customerDropdown.Selected.Value &&
// ... etc. Always guaruntee the results will be less than 2k records