Cannot install extensions in visual Studio code

Viewed 10627

I am an user of Arch Linux and my problem is that I am unable to install extensions. I followed the Microsoft pages which says that I should click ctrl+P and then write ext install (package what I'm looking for) so I did that.

After clicking "install extension" nothing happend that is why I tried several times with other extensions with no success. The bar "install" has shown but when I clicked on it nothing happend as well. My visual-studio-code was installed via aur Visual-Studio-Code aur page.

I do not think it is connected with installation of visual-studio-code. I will be really thankful for a help with installation of extansions. Sadly no errors where shown in other way I would put it there down here. Please forgive me my english. I am not a native.

4 Answers

It looks like VS Code is not installed for being used as admin in linux, and it means that by default the extensions folder doesn't have permissions to write, so when a user tries to install specific extension, it's not allowed.

What I did was the following, but you can modify the permissions as you prefer:

sudo chmod 777 -R $HOME/.vscode/extensions/

I hope it helps to some linux users.

Related