travis-ci ruby build with node 5

Viewed 1457

I've tried many things, but have ultimately failed to get the build for gulp-pipeline-rails running. The script runs locally, no problem.

The last problem I've narrowed down is that I have a ruby language project that utilizes node, but I need node 5. I found one snippet:

#------------------------------
# Update the node version
env:
  - TRAVIS_NODE_VERSION="5"

install:
  - pwd
  - rm -rf ~/.nvm && git clone https://github.com/creationix/nvm.git ~/.nvm && (cd ~/.nvm && git checkout `git describe --abbrev=0 --tags`) && source ~/.nvm/nvm.sh && nvm install $TRAVIS_NODE_VERSION
  - npm install

While this seems to get node updated, it does something to my ruby env where it fails to execute rspec:

$ pwd && bundle exec rake
/home/travis/build/alienfast/gulp-pipeline-rails
Could not find gem 'rspec' in any of the gem sources listed in your Gemfile or available on this machine.
Run `bundle install` to install missing gems.

Question With all that said, how do I simply use Node 5 with this .travis.yml?

language: ruby
rvm:
  - 2.2.2
  - ruby-head

matrix:
  allow_failures:
    - rvm: ruby-head

cache: bundler

#------------------------------
# Setup
before_script:
  - node -v
  # update npm
  - npm install npm -g

  # install Gulp 4 CLI tools globally from 4.0 GitHub branch
  - npm install https://github.com/gulpjs/gulp-cli/tarball/4.0 -g

#------------------------------
# Build
script: bundle exec rake
3 Answers
Related