Change my dynamic IP address by c++

Viewed 1698

I've got a dynamic IP address, infact I can change it from my router page (http://192.168.1.1) clicking on release and then renew.

I could made the http request by curl to the http://192.168.1.1 page but this solve the problem only on my computers that use that router.

So I'm interested to know if is there a way to update my IP by c++ without passing through the router page (192.168.1.1).

I've tried also from command line without positive result. The code I've tried is the following:

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

I've also tried this code:

#ifndef WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
#define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
#endif

#include "stdafx.h"
#include <winsock2.h>
#include <iphlpapi.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <iostream> 

#pragma comment(lib, "iphlpapi.lib")

#define MALLOC(x) HeapAlloc(GetProcessHeap(), 0, (x)) 
#define FREE(x) HeapFree(GetProcessHeap(), 0, (x))

// Before calling IpReleaseAddress and IpRenewAddress we use
// GetInterfaceInfo to retrieve a handle to the adapter

void __cdecl main()
{
    ULONG ulOutBufLen = 0;
    DWORD dwRetVal = 0;
    PIP_INTERFACE_INFO pInfo;

    pInfo = (IP_INTERFACE_INFO *)MALLOC(sizeof(IP_INTERFACE_INFO));

    // Make an initial call to GetInterfaceInfo to get
    // the necessary size into the ulOutBufLen variable
    if (GetInterfaceInfo(pInfo, &ulOutBufLen) == ERROR_INSUFFICIENT_BUFFER) {
        FREE(pInfo);
        pInfo = (IP_INTERFACE_INFO *)MALLOC(ulOutBufLen);
    }

    // Make a second call to GetInterfaceInfo to get the
    // actual data we want
    if ((dwRetVal = GetInterfaceInfo(pInfo, &ulOutBufLen)) == NO_ERROR) {
        printf("\tAdapter Name: %ws\n", pInfo->Adapter[0].Name);
        printf("\tAdapter Index: %ld\n", pInfo->Adapter[0].Index);
        printf("\tNum Adapters: %ld\n", pInfo->NumAdapters);
    }
    else if (dwRetVal == ERROR_NO_DATA) {
        printf("There are no network adapters with IPv4 enabled on the local system\n");
        return;
    }
    else {
        LPVOID lpMsgBuf;
        printf("GetInterfaceInfo failed.\n");

        if (FormatMessage(
            FORMAT_MESSAGE_ALLOCATE_BUFFER |
            FORMAT_MESSAGE_FROM_SYSTEM |
            FORMAT_MESSAGE_IGNORE_INSERTS,
            NULL,
            dwRetVal,
            MAKELANGID(LANG_NEUTRAL, SUBLANG_DEFAULT), // Default language
            (LPTSTR)&lpMsgBuf,
            0,
            NULL)) {
            printf("\tError: %s", lpMsgBuf);
        }
        LocalFree(lpMsgBuf);
        return;
    }

    // Call IpReleaseAddress and IpRenewAddress to release and renew
    // the IP address on the first network adapter returned 
    // by the call to GetInterfaceInfo.
    if ((dwRetVal = IpReleaseAddress(&pInfo->Adapter[0])) == NO_ERROR) {
        printf("IP release succeeded.\n");
    }
    else {
        printf("IP release failed: %ld\n", dwRetVal);
    }

    if ((dwRetVal = IpRenewAddress(&pInfo->Adapter[0])) == NO_ERROR) {
        printf("IP renew succeeded.\n");
    }
    else {
        printf("IP renew failed: %ld\n", dwRetVal);
    }

    // Free memory for IP_INTERFACE_INFO 
    if (pInfo != NULL) {
        FREE(pInfo);
    }
    std::cout << ("\n Processo terminato\n");
    std::system("PAUSE");

    return;
}

I've DHCP Server enabled whit these values: DHCP Service State DHCP State: Enabled IP iniziale DHCP: 192.168.1.2 IP finale DHCP (Riservato per uso interno): 192.168.1.254

I need run my program on windows XP and Windows 7 platform.

Thank's for your help

2 Answers
Related