Problems on migrating Parse.com app to AWS EC2 Ubuntu

Viewed 371

I have an EC2 machine with Ubuntu installed on it. On the machine, I have installed Node.js, MongoDB, and Github version of Parse Server.

I have created a database called euro. In this database, I've created a user using this code:

> use euro
switched to db euro
> db.createUser(
... {
... user: 'username',
... pwd: 'password',
... roles: [ { role: 'readWrite', db:'euro' } ]
... }
... )

Before migrating the app, I have noticed that in AWS EC2 Instances Managment page, you can see 2 IPs addresses: Public IP and a Private IP, so I used the Public IP.

In the Parse.com settings, I've clicked at the Migrate button, and entered this address:

mongodb://username:password@<ipaddress>:27017/euro

and below the address field, it was written No reachable servers.

What can I do in order to solve it and to migrate the app to my EC2 Instance?

EDIT #1:
I have restarted my AWS server, so my Public IP address has been changed. I've tried to change my connection string to the new IP using this address:

mongodb://username:password@<ipaddress>:27017/euro

But suddenly it shows No reachable servers.
What should I do in order to solve this problem? I want to migrate it as soon as possible.

EDIT #2:
I've checked this command sudo netstat -pan | grep mongod to check on which IP it is listening and I got this output:

tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:27017         0.0.0.0:*         LISTEN      10945/mongod 
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:27017         127.0.0.1:45406         ESTABLISHED 10945/mongod 
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     28614    10945/mongod        /tmp/mongodb-2

Is it listening on the Public IP? Private IP? localhost?

1 Answers
Related