‘struct in6_addr’ has no member named ‘s6_addr32’ with -ansi

Viewed 4213

I'm working through some compile errors when building OpenSSL with no-asm -ansi. I'm catching the error:

$ ./config no-asm -ansi
...
$ make
...
gcc -DDSO_DLFCN -DHAVE_DLFCN_H -DOPENSSL_THREADS -DOPENSSL_NO_STATIC_ENGINE -DOPENSSL_PIC
-DOPENSSLDIR="\"/usr/local/ssl\"" -DENGINESDIR="\"/usr/local/lib/engines\"" -Wall -O3
-pthread -m64 -DL_ENDIAN  -ansi -fPIC -Iinclude -I. -Icrypto/include -MMD -MF
crypto/bio/bss_dgram.d.tmp -MT crypto/bio/bss_dgram.o -c -o crypto/bio/bss_dgram.o
crypto/bio/bss_dgram.c
In file included from /usr/include/netdb.h:27:0,
                 from ./e_os.h:443,
                 from crypto/bio/bio_lcl.h:2,
                 from crypto/bio/bss_dgram.c:62:
crypto/bio/bss_dgram.c: In function ‘dgram_get_mtu_overhead’:
crypto/bio/bss_dgram.c:433:20: error: ‘const struct in6_addr’ has no member named ‘s6_addr32’
                 && IN6_IS_ADDR_V4MAPPED(&tmp_addr))
                    ^

I found the struct in /usr/include/linux/in6.h:

#if __UAPI_DEF_IN6_ADDR
struct in6_addr {
    union {
        __u8        u6_addr8[16];
#if __UAPI_DEF_IN6_ADDR_ALT
        __be16      u6_addr16[8];
        __be32      u6_addr32[4];
#endif
    } in6_u;
#define s6_addr         in6_u.u6_addr8
#if __UAPI_DEF_IN6_ADDR_ALT
#define s6_addr16       in6_u.u6_addr16
#define s6_addr32       in6_u.u6_addr32
#endif
};
#endif /* __UAPI_DEF_IN6_ADDR */

I don't recall needing to define __UAPI_DEF_IN6_ADDR_ALT in the past. Searching for it reveals the following from the kernel's libc-compat.h, line 95 or so (if I am parsing it correctly):

#define __UAPI_DEF_IN6_ADDR             1
/* We unconditionally define the in6_addr macros and glibc must coordinate. */
#define __UAPI_DEF_IN6_ADDR_ALT         1
#define __UAPI_DEF_SOCKADDR_IN6         1
#define __UAPI_DEF_IPV6_MREQ            1
#define __UAPI_DEF_IPPROTO_V6           1
#define __UAPI_DEF_IPV6_OPTIONS         1
#define __UAPI_DEF_IN6_PKTINFO          1
#define __UAPI_DEF_IP6_MTUINFO          1

How should I proceed to get the alternate symbols defined?


The system is Ubuntu 14.04 (x86_64):

$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description:    Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS
Release:    14.04
Codename:   trusty

GCC is:

$ gcc --version
gcc (Ubuntu 4.8.4-2ubuntu1~14.04.1) 4.8.4
Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
1 Answers
Related