I have bolded important information to make this easier to read.
I just updated to Xcode 7.3 yesterday and have tried all day to fix my issue. For class we are programming in C and use SVN to modify all of our files to create our project. I was using Xcode 7.2 to do all of the previous assignments.
My current routine is that I do not create new projects for our assignments, I just open the *.c files with Xcode. Where my problem comes up is that when I start typing for instance a "For loop" in the previous version I get this for autocomplete:
for (initialize; condition; reinitialize){
statements
}
where I could tab across and edit the place holders with variables/values that I would use in the loop. Now in Xcode 7.3 when I type for all autocomplete shows me is just this with no brackets or parenthesis.
If I drag the snippets to the middle of my code it appears, but that is time consuming and frankly a pain. I have tried deleting derived data, but seeing as I don't create a new project for each assignment I don't think this helps me. I have also tried deleting the cache file and reinstalling the old 7.2 Xcode to no avail.
Any help is appreciated.