django.db.utils.OperationalError: fe_sendauth: no password supplied

Viewed 38677

I have cloned a repo from github and working on it. The project was in django and using postgres as database. This project is now on the production side and I need to make some changes to it. The database specs is :

DATABASES = {
    'default': {
        'ENGINE': 'django.db.backends.postgresql_psycopg2',
        # Or path to database file if using sqlite3.
        'NAME': 'project_name',
        'USER': 'admin',
        'PASSWORD': '',
        # Empty for localhost through domain sockets or           '127.0.0.1'
        # for localhost through TCP.
        'HOST': 'localhost',
        'PORT': '5432',
    }
}

I want to run this on my local host but I am not able to. I am getting error:

django.db.utils.OperationalError: fe_sendauth: no password supplied

I have searched for this problem but couldn't find a solution that could help me. Can anyone tell me where the problem is?

3 Answers

Maybe a stupid thing. But for me the problem was that postgres wasn't actually running. So always check whether it's running.

In Linux:

sudo service postgresql status
Related