IntelliJ IDEA 14 Copy and Paste not working with other applications

Viewed 19501

Couldn't find the simple solution on SO, so thought I would add this here for anyone looking in the future.

My symptom was that I could copy and paste within the IJ editor, but not from the editor to another application or from another app to the editor.

This was on Windows 10 with IntelliJ IDEA 14.1.6.

7 Answers

I have found the best solution yet (for me in any case). I have tried everything! Including adding and removing Keymap options. And this is actually where the problem lies...sort of.

When you have the Vim plugin installed, Ctrl + c and Ctrl + v is allocated to Vim.

To change that, go to Setting>>Other Settings>>Vim Emulation and set the Handler to IDE. Apply and OK, and Voila!

enter image description here

To make copy/paste through shortcut keys working with Vim Plugin you need to change some settings of Intellij IDE's editor regarding vim emulation, you need to follow these steps for it:

  1. Click Menu File > Settings... (or use shortcut Ctrl + Alt + S)
  2. Select Editor -> Vim Emulation and find the shortcuts and change their Handler column value to IDE as shown in the screenshot below.

enter image description here

The Shortcuts will start working, happy coding :)

Try to enable "Use national layouts". Settings- Keymap.

For some reason it worked for me.

PyCharm - Setting>>Vim Emulation Set - Control + V/P/A to IDE

Related