Unable to update GitHub PR using Jenkins GitHub Pull Request Builder

Viewed 2272

I'm trying out a local version of Jenkins. Everything is at the latest possible version. I've installed the GitHub Pull Request Builder, but I am unable to get it to report the build status back to GitHub and update the PR with SUCCESS, FAILURE or ERROR.

I have performed the following steps:

  • Manage Jenkins > Configure System > Github Pull Request Builder : I've added my Credentials and performed all tests successfully:
    • Test basic connection to GitHub -> works
    • Test Permissions to a Repository -> works
    • Test adding comment to Pull Request -> works
    • Test updating commit status -> works

I then created a new job with the following settings:

Jenkins Screenshot

However, I am unable to get Jenkins to update the GitHub PR when doing a build at all. The build is correctly reported as success or fail in Jenkins, but nothing makes it back to GitHub.

Note that I am building manually, and not via the "Use github hooks for build triggering". I assume that this doesn't make a difference?

2 Answers
Related