Kentico 8 - page access: deny for all users except a role

Viewed 527

What I'm trying to do now is to let only users of a specific role to access a page (and its child pages). this is what I got at the moment:

USERS

User A -> Member of RoleA, RoleB

User B -> Member of RoleB.

CONTENT TREE

  • MainNode

    • PAGE TO SECURE

    • other pages that need to be public.

PERMISSIONS ON "PAGE TO SECURE"

  • added "Role A" and check "Allow" on "full control". "Required Authentication" set to "Yes".

DESIRED RESULT

"PAGE TO SECURE" accessible only if a user is part of Role A REGARDLESS the fact is part of other roles too.

WHAT I GOT INSTEAD

  • if a user is authenticated, it can see the "Page to secure" regardless of roles.

WHAT I TRIED

  • add on permission on the page for all other roles to "Deny". since "Deny" has priority over "Allow", User A is still not allowed to see the page despite the fact that got the right role too.

  • followed the advice on this thread http://devnet.kentico.com/forums?forumid=54&threadid=23234 (is for kentico 5 but is the only thread i've found so far about this issue) to add another node and set that as a parent of the page to secure, then set deny all to this new parent node and then break inheritance and allow only the role A. this didn't work as user B is still able to access the page.

  • the above article talks about creating a custom web part. I prefer not to use this approach for such a basic feature. hope there's another way to achieve this.

3 Answers
Related