Removing obsolete files from server... Could not clean server of obsolete files: Content is not allowed in prolog

Viewed 19378

Publishing Error in Tomcat Servr

I am creating a project which is in jsp,servlet and tomcat v 8.0.upto last night it works fine but today it didn't work it gives error in publishing tomcat server,please give me any suggestions. I used Eclipse Mars and Tomcat v8.0 Actually I try to clean Tomcat Work Directory and also clean project("build/clean"), but still i get this error what should I do??

5 Answers

In my case, the server.xml file in Tomcat directory (/conf/server.xml) was corrupt. Replacing it with the original version worked for me.

Your tomcat apache has been corrupted. so you have to delete your server and configure again. I

From the Servers view:

  • right click on your server
  • properties
  • Switch Location

This worked for me.

Here you have to follow some steps:

  • go to the server and right-click on the server, click on delete
  • click to remove all servers from the list and press apply & save
  • add the server (tomcat or other)
  • start that server

You have to wait for sometime while it configure all data, finally click on restart server.

Related