why does ipython hang with theano

Viewed 355

I've been trying to run various configurations of neural networks over the past few days using Keras, Theano and iPython (through Spyder). For a few days the code ran well but then iPython started hanging. This was on exactly the same code that ran without trouble in the past.

I tried all sorts of remedies such as installing Anaconda updates and re-updating Theano to the 'bleeding edge' version. But to no avail.

Then I just tried to run my code on the Python console in Spyder instead of iPython and it worked like a charm (no pun intended :-)). Therefore my guess is that there's something wrong with my iPython installation.

So I have two questions: 1) is my diagnosis accurate and 2) whether it is or not, what could I try to remedy the problem?

My config is:

  • 2015 15" MacBook Pro with El Capitan
  • Python 3.4.4
  • Anaconda 2.4.1 (x86_64)
  • IPython 4.1.2

Thanks in advance,

Edit: Response to Ogaday's questions: It's difficult to provide a mimimal working example as it depends on a fair amount of pre-processing and also needs inputs from other neural networks which I've trained separately. And on your suggestion I did try to run the code on iPython from the command line and it works! So maybe something's wrong with Spyder?
Finally 'which ipython' returns //anaconda/bin/ipython.

0 Answers
Related