I am attempting to use Ansible to install RVM to install an updated version of Ruby on a remote (RedHat 6.x) system. I have tried two separate Ansible-RVM playbooks (rvm/rvm1-ansible and newmen/ansible-rvm), but they both exhibit the same behavior: they both reach the step at which the playbook directs RVM to install Ruby, then stall until I cancel the process:
TASK: [ansible-rvm | installing Ruby as root]
*********************************
<HOST.DOMAIN.xyz>
<HOST.DOMAIN.xyz>
<HOST.DOMAIN.xyz> IdentityFile=/Users/USER/.ssh/private-key-file ConnectTimeout=10 PasswordAuthentication=no KbdInteractiveAuthentication=no ControlPath=/Users/USER/.ansible/cp/ansible-ssh-%h-%p-%r PreferredAuthentications=gssapi-with-mic,gssapi-keyex,hostbased,publickey ControlMaster=auto ControlPersist=60s
<HOST.DOMAIN.xyz>
<HOST.DOMAIN.xyz> IdentityFile=/Users/USER/.ssh/private-key-file ConnectTimeout=10 'sudo -k && sudo -H -S -p "[sudo via ansible, key=KEY] password: " -u root /bin/sh -c '"'"'echo SUDO-SUCCESS-KEY; LANG=en_US.UTF-8 LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 /usr/bin/python /home/USER/.ansible/tmp/ansible-tmp-dir/command; rm -rf /home/USER/.ansible/tmp/ansible-tmp-dir/ >/dev/null 2>&1'"'"'' PasswordAuthentication=no KbdInteractiveAuthentication=no ControlPath=/Users/USER/.ansible/cp/ansible-ssh-%h-%p-%r PreferredAuthentications=gssapi-with-mic,gssapi-keyex,hostbased,publickey ControlMaster=auto ControlPersist=60s
^CERROR: interrupted
It appears that the cause is that RVM is demanding some kind of login information. When I SSH into the host in question to run RVM manually, I get a prompt Username::
$ rvm install ruby-2.2.2
Searching for binary rubies, this might take some time.
No binary rubies available for: redhat/6/x86_64/ruby-2.2.2.
Continuing with compilation. Please read 'rvm help mount' to get more information on binary rubies.
Checking requirements for redhat.
Enabling optional repository
Username: ^C
User interrupted process.
The above occurs regardless of whether or not the rvm command is run under sudo.
I have been unable to find any documentation as to what login/username RVM is requesting, nor any instructions as to flags or configuration I could apply in order to disable interactivity; in fact, I've yet to find any reference to this login prompt in conjunction with RVM at all. Has anyone encountered this problem before?