How to enable Version Control window in android studio

Viewed 14854

For certain of my branches, I cannot get a version control window. So for example, if I go into branch develop, then the window shows; if I go into master it’s gone and there is nothing I can do to bring it back. I try to trick it by going from develop to master. But as soon as I get to master, it is gone again. The problem is relatively new (7 days). It didn’t use to be like that. Any ideas how I might fix it?

I usually use the window for easy access to my log of commits

enter image description here

4 Answers

For latest versions of Android studio, you can find this option in View -> Tools Windows -> Version Control

Finally found it under Settings > Version Control > Commit.
My version is: Android Studio Chipmunk | 2021.2.1 Patch 1.

Related