GET request works in browser but not in POSTMAN or SOAPUI

Viewed 39348

I have the following endpoint: http://millennium.iwise.com.br:6017/api/millenium_eco/Tabelas_preco.lista

If I try to open via browser, it asks me credentials and then works fine - as seen on image below.

user: OData

password: 0d@t@123

enter image description here

If I send the same GET request using POSTMAN or SOAPUI I get 401 Unauthorized.

enter image description here

What I am missing here? Thank you in advance.

UPDATE:

I took the browser's header request and used the same in POSTMAN and I'm still receiving 401 Unauthorized. Is there a possibility of the endpoint's server is configured to reject all but browser's request?

enter image description here enter image description here

12 Answers

I got the exact same issue, requests working from the browser but not using postman.

Since postman syncs across devices, it maintains lot of cache info I believe. I clicked on my profile in the app and signed out from all the devices. I then started the app, did not sign in , I clicked on the "continue without signing in option" which is a link close to the bottom on the sign in page. Then I was able to run the requests via postman.

I then signed in and things were fine via postman.

Note: I always had the SSL certificate verification Off in setting for the request.

I have also faced the same issue. It is working from my browser exactly when I provide the user name and password in the prompt window.

I resolved it by using the 'authorization' tab and select authentication type 'Basic Authentication' in the postman.

Postman Screenshot

Sign out your current account and make sure checking Clear local data and re-login.

Try to go Postman Settings > And turn SSL verification Off

It will allow you to send/ receive request/ response from unsafe URLs

PostmanSettings

In my case it was due to I have a white space at the end of the url (invisible for me, copy and paste from the browser and may inadvertently added a white space there). Took me a while to find out. It seems like a small bug on Postman side.

I solved this problem by replicating the exact network call in postman. NOT by going into the network tab and manually copying headers etc. by copying the whole request into postman using a different way.

I highly recommend reading this article and giving this a try once.

How to replicate requests from the Chrome Network Tab into Postman

I was having the same issue and didn't find any solution but it worked once I signed in from another postman account by deleting all the local data of postman. I do not have any idea about why that happened but it looks like it was some kind of setting that I had that caused this issue. I would recommend deleting local data and reset the postman setting if you are a beginner like me and have no idea what's going on.

Delete local data from postman: https://support.postman.com/hc/en-us/articles/4410785125271-How-to-remove-local-data

Without even signing in i got the same error. I deleted all the history of postman and ran it again , it serves the purpose.

Download the Postman desktop app and try from there. The Postman website sending requests to localhost:5001 won't route correctly. You could setup a port forward on your router to your local machine, but easier to get the desktop software.

I had the same issue above and this this approach worked.

Mine was failing because I didn't have www in the url. After adding the www to the url mine was successful using Basic Auth

Related