AWS Elasticache Timeout from EC2

Viewed 24402

I am getting connection timeout from EC2 trying to connect to AWS Elasticache.

I launched a 1-node elasticache cluster I launched an EC2 instance, made sure availability zone was the same as the cluster, us-west-2b

I did not create a new VPC. I see one is already created.

I ran a nslookup on my elasticache endpoint. It looks like a different /20 than my ec2.

I looked through the documentation and the ec2 launch and did not see where I can specify the subnet, except the availabilty zone.

3 Answers

Actually solution is to add security group to elasticache cluster, and this security group should allow 6379 port. enter image description here

First, check the instance security group and check port 6379 is allowed in Inbound.

After that, check your default VPC security group and add inbound rule Custom TCP Rule-6379-Anywhere and save.

I hope this will fix the issue.

Related