I noticed that after running eigs() function multiple times, every time it gives different but approximate result.
Is there way to return it every time the same result ? Output is sometimes with "+" sign or "-" sign.
Content of M :
[2, 1] = 1.0
[3, 1] = 0.5
[1, 2] = 1.0
[3, 2] = 2.5
[1, 3] = 0.5
[2, 3] = 2.5
M = M+M'
(d, v) = eigs(M, nev=1, which=:LR)
I tried running same function on same sparse matrix in Python , although the matrix looks bit different I think it is same. Just left values are numbered from 0. In julia they are numbered from 1. I do not know if that is a big difference. Values are approximately same in Julia and Python but in Python they are always the same after every evaluation. Also return values in python are complex numbers, in Julia real.
Python code:
Content of M.T :
from scipy.sparse import linalg
(1, 0) 1.0
(2, 0) 0.5
(0, 1) 1.0
(2, 1) 2.5
(0, 2) 0.5
(1, 2) 2.5
eigenvalue, eigenvector = linalg.eigs(M.T, k=1, which='LR')
Any idea why this behavior is occurring ?
Edit :
These are results of four evaluations of eigs
==========eigvalues==============
[2.8921298144977587]
===========eigvector=============
[-0.34667468634025667
-0.679134250677923
-0.6469878912367839]
=================================
==========eigvalues==============
[2.8921298144977596]
===========eigvector=============
[0.34667468634025655
0.6791342506779232
0.646987891236784]
=================================
==========eigvalues==============
[2.8921298144977596]
===========eigvector=============
[0.34667468634025655
0.6791342506779233
0.6469878912367841]
=================================
==========eigvalues==============
[2.8921298144977583]
===========eigvector=============
[0.3466746863402567
0.679134250677923
0.646987891236784]
=================================